It’s Earth Day 2014!
I guess it’s time for me to admit that I’m a tree hugger. Not the kind that would chain myself to a tree or live in a tree in protest, but the kind that truly does care about my environment, and even more importantly, the impact that we are having on our children and their children’s world.
Five signs you might be a tree hugger:
5. You have an Earth Day Themed playdate.
Yep. I am doing that today. Hosting an Earth Day themed playdate for toddlers. We are going to be making recycled plant pots and planting seeds and we are going to make this really cute HandPrint Earth that I found at Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails. I even printed the Earths on previously used paper – I save old things and print on the other side.
4. You write posts about green living
Check! I’ve written the following:
And today I’ve got a featured post at City Moms Blog (Columbia) called Baby Step Your Way to a Greener Life.
3. You share YouTube Videos from Seventh Generation (that are not even sponsored posts!)
2. Your child’s first real chore was taking recyclables to the bin.
True story. That’s one of the first chores my kids ever did. We keep a bag inside to collect recyclables throughout the day. When it gets full, I have the kids take it to the bin in the garage.
1. Your recycle bin is full by Sunday. (It gets picked up on Friday!)
Sure is. Every week. We had to add an additional garbage can, and sometimes that’s not even enough. It literally pains me to throw away things that I know should be recycled.
In all seriousness, the Earth is ours, and we have a duty to do what we can to protect it. It’s not difficult to implement small steps around your home that can really reduce our footprint on the earth. I give some ideas in my post Baby Step Your Way to a Greener Life.
Before you go, please don’t forget about our ongoing Mother’s Day Campaign to support grieving mothers!
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019
- Healing retreat for Grieving Mamas - January 7, 2019