I don’t normally post on Sundays, so I usually miss out on this most wonderful linkup called “Ten Things of Thankful.” I read all of my bloggy friends as they post their ten things, and this week, I am feeling the need to participate.
It’s been a long week of extreme highs and extreme lows, but over all, I am very blessed and thankful for what I have in my life. I could probably name 100 things, but I’ll stop at 10!
1. First, I’m thankful for people like Lizzi of Considerings in my life, who reminds me the value of being a mother and how to never take it for granted. Not for one moment. She has taught me much about grief and love, pain and healing.
2. I am very thankful to have friends (and a sister) that are willing to show up at my fundraising parties, even if they didn’t really want to spend their Friday night doing that. Their love and support through all of my requests every year for money and support for our March for Babies Team – Team Charis and Kat, is one of the things that fuels me when I’m low.
3. I am thankful for an amazing blogging support community who is helping me spread the word about our special Mother’s Day Campaign and Giveaway to help grieving parents. Friday, Jennifer from Another Jennifer talked about it in her Philanthropy Friday, and there are many more amazing bloggers in the upcoming days and weeks!
4. I am thankful for a long time friend IRL, Jennifer, who came over yesterday and helped me paint my son’s room, because my husband “didn’t want to participate in this project.” Bug’s room has vaulted ceilings, and without her help, I’d probably still be painting. She saved me from frustration, exhaustion, and back pain.
5. Extremely thankful that my friend’s son, who was born at 32 weeks, is doing really well!
6. For my new job working as a Parent Support Partner in our NICU… although it is emotionally challenging, I am thankful for the opportunity to help other parents see the light at the end of their long, miserable tunnel.
7. Thankful that my mother will keep my children for me the night before she left on a business trip to India, so that I could host a fundraiser party!
8. Every day, I look at my Tiny and am so thankful that she is not only here with us, but healthy and happy and amazing.
9. After watching Jennifer’s adventures with WaterAid in Nicaragua last week, I am so very thankful for clean water.
10. Thankful for all of you, who come to read my blog and share with me in my journey.
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019