This may not sound that great, and may not look too wonderful, (ok, it looks terrible!) but the taste is delightful!
You are probably wondering how this combo ever came together?
Something like this – it was about 3pm. I had forgotten once again to defrost any meat, and was stunned when I went to the deep freeze and found only two items: frozen Italian Turkey Sausages and a pot roast meat. (If I had been following the meal planning process I’ve been meaning to do, this would not have been an issue, but I digress!!)
Pot roast – no way, not in two hours.
Italian sausage it is. But that sounded really heavy to me, and I didn’t really want to just eat a sausage.
What else is in my fridge?
Three avocados I need to use up.
I have some pasta.
Hmmmm… let me do some searching.
So I searched the combo of those three ingredients and came up with nothing. I removed “sausage” and found this recipe at allrecipes.com. I used this as a guideline and created a wonderful dish!
1 box pasta (I used shells)
1 package of sausage (I had links that I removed the casings and cooked up in a pan but you could use ground sausage or whatever. You could also use hamburger, shrimp, chicken, or any kind of meat you choose)
2 avocados (NOT firm ones)
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. water
1/4 c. olive oil
1/3 c. grated cheese (I used parmesan)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves
fresh basil (although I had frozen (dried) basil leaves from my garden last summer and I used those)
1. Cook pasta and drain.
2. Brown your choice of meat.
3. Peel avocado and remove seed. Put avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, water, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and basil into your food processor and blend until really smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little water or more oil, and you may have to use a fork to chop up the avocado a bit. (I tried to use a blender, it did not work so well. I then transferred the mix to my Magic Bullet which did the trick!)
4. Combine meat, pasta, and pesto sauce in a large pan and warm.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and cherry tomatoes, sliced or diced. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you like it as much as I did! I found the sauce to be really creamy with a kick. I love pesto and I love avocados and this was the perfect combo!
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019