This past Saturday, two of my sisters in law and I (and over 8,000 other women!) completed the Dirty Girl Mud Run, Western NY. It was AWESOME!!!
This is a recap of my favorite parts!
1. This event is a non-timed, non-competitive 5K obstacle course/mud run. It is a Breast Cancer Awareness and Fundraising Event, and therefore is designed for women of all ages, sizes, and athletic abilities. That being said, our first 1/4 mile of the event was at about an 80% incline since we were running to the top of a ski mountain!!! (find out more info on completing one of these events at www.godirtygirl.com)
Here we are all excited and ready to begin our adventure!
2. The obstacles rocked! Some were scarier than others, but overall they were fun! I definitely felt a sense of accomplishment after climbing up and over a huge cargo net and scaling several straight walls! This was our first obstacle… a giant bounce house. Climb up one size, bounce down the other!
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019