For a moment there, I felt like Howard Dean, all fired up and screaming! WOOOOOO! We’ll start in South Carolina and then on to Georgia and then to Alabama! Let’s get the whole nation involved in Premature Awareness Day!!! WOOOO!
OK, sorry if I’ve totally lost you in that memory of a long time ago Democratic nominee for President (obviously rewritten for this particular cause!)
Back to topic! The March of Dimes needs your help! If you don’t know what the March of Dimes is, it is the largest advocacy group and fundraising agency for research, laws, and all things for preventing premature births and protecting preemies.
Their mission statement: We help moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies.
Who wouldn’t want to support that? Obviously as the mother of two super preemies, I am all about doing what I can to help this wonderful organization.
I would like to share this message from our local Columbia chapter (but of course it applies to everyone nation wide to help us light the White House purple!) and I hope you’ll take the time (SO EASY!!) to sign the online petition!
Happy Election Day from the South Carolina Chapter!
As you head to the polls
today yesterday! to vote for our next president, please take a moment to remember our founder, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who established the March of Dimes during his second term as president in 1938. For that reason, the White House is special to us and we’d like to LIGHT IT PURPLE!
We Need Your Help!
Please visit here to sign a petition to light the White House Purple on January 3rd in honor of our 75th Anniversary in 2013. We need 16,000 more signatures by November 16th!
November is Prematurity Awareness Month. How can you get involved?
- Wear Purple or your March for Babies T-Shirt on November 17th, World Prematurity Day!
- Visit facebook.com/worldprematurityday to update your status and join the cause
- Visit The March of Dimes to find online tools to help raise prematurity awareness in your social network, workplace, neighborhood or place of worship
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019