Happy Wednesday everyone! I am doing my own version of a wordless Wednesday by letting someone else do most of my words!! 🙂
I am really excited to have Stacey from the totally awesome website Glued to My Crafts guest post today! She and I met up on an online blogging forum (yay for SITS girls) and as we were both starting the process of taking our blogs to the next level, we’ve tried to help each other along the way. Stacey is also one of my monthly Sponsors!
Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching, so Stacey is providing a tutorial on a great craft for Valentine’s cards. If you’re like me (which is absolutely not crafty at all!) I need time to prepare, so you have just under a month to make this happen!
I know you’re going to love Stacey and her crafts! I do!
Hello everyone! I’m Stacey and I blog over at Glued To My Crafts. I’m pretty excited to be guest posting today. Let me start with introducing myself. I’m a mother to a nearly two year old boy, who keeps me on my toes and inspires a lot of my posts. I’m also a wife to a wonderful man serving in the Air Force. I’m a girly-girl who loves cooking, crafting and inspiring. Ok, the last one is more of a “I hope I inspire you.” My blog is mainly about life experiences, recipes and craft creations. Everything I post can we be recreated with simple, everyday items you probably already have in your house. Even though I’m a shopaholic, I’m all about saving money and using what you have already. I don’t spend a lot to be crafty, and neither should you.
If you ever get the chance to stop by my blog, you will see I do A LOT of toddler crafts tutorials. If that is something that interests you, you should stop by!
The tutorial I’m going to share today is called Marble Art Valentine Cards. A toddler friendly craft, that is perfect for the upcoming holiday.
We are sending these cards out to friends & family for Valentine’s Day this year. But honestly, you don’t have to do these only for Valentine’s Day. Depending on the color combinations you do, you can do a card for any occasion! The possibilities are endless. Plus, it’s fun & cheap. My two favorite words when it comes to crafts.
For this craft you will need some construction paper, paint, marbles (I used some old round beads) masking tape, and a aluminum pan/old box with sides.
1. First put a piece of tape on the bottom of your pan. Place your piece of paper on top. This is so your paper doesn’t move while you are “crafting.”
2. Squirt some paint on your paper. (not to much though) Throw in your marbles/beads.
3. With some supervision, have your child tilt the tray in different directions, making the marbles/beads roll through the paint and making a design on the paper.
4. Once you have the design you want, let dry. Trim and paste however you want to make your card. Add a sentiment to the front and you got yourself a nice, handmade card.
Hope this little tutorial got you inspired. Please check out my blog for other fun ideas and crafts! And thank you to Kat for letting me guest post.
You can follow me via
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019