I made the most amazing creation the other night! I was in the mood for portobello mushrooms, so I looked up some recipes and made my own combination. It was delicious! Flat Arie (courtesy of the Dose Girls!) approved! I think you’ll love this Portobello Mushrooms and Beef Tips Recipe!
Portobello Mushrooms and Beef Tips Recipe
1 tbsp coconut oil
1lb steak (I actually used a chuck roast because they were on mega sale) – cubed
1 bag fresh spinach
1 package of large, sliced portobello mushrooms (or 2 large)
3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped up or 1 tbsp dried basil (I had fresh basil from my garden, so that was a no brainer)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup red table wine
1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
1 box of Penne pasta – cooked according to directions
1. Cube the steak. Heat the coconut oil in the pan. Cook the steak to your desired temperature and remove.
2. Bring the steak juices to a boil and saute the mushrooms. Add the basil, salt, pepper, and spinach. Cook until the spinach is soft.
3. Add the meat back into the pan. Add the red wine, bring to a boil, and let it simmer down for a few minutes.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Serve over pasta and top with more grated cheese if you’d like.
I had red wine with the meal and it was just perfect! YUM!
Do you have a good recipe for Portobello mushrooms?
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019