Two months ago I was invited to a LegoDuplo House Party by one of the mom’s in my moms club. I had never heard of House Party before, but I thought, “that sounds fun!”
Tiny and I attended the party. I learned all about House Party and was amazed. You register for free, answer some surveys, fiill out personal information, and you can apply to host parties. For Free. If selected, they send you a party pack with EVERYTHING you need to host (down to the paper plates and decorations) and plenty of free product to share with your friends.
What does this have to do with JollyVoxBox2013?
It’s all about the power of “Word of Mouth” marketing. I’ve written about it before when I’ve done sponsored posts. Brands know that moms trust other moms when it comes to good products. The idea that I can get a variety of free products in exchange for my opinion and me sharing it with my friends just rocks.
I was so excited about House Party, I went home and immediately signed up.
Then my brain started ticking. There must be more sites like this. I wanted all parents to know about these businesses. Because (especially on a single income budget) free is FUN and more importantly, free is GOOD.
The freelance writer in me set to work. I began to research, ask around, and put together information for all parents. I wrote an article Six Ways to Earn Free Goods, Prizes, and Cash, which is being published this month in Space City Parent magazine.
But I digress.
As I was doing the research, I came across Influenster. It is a word of mouth company, and you can qualify for the “Vox Boxx”
This is a box with samples of new products that they want us to spread the word about, without having to host a party at your house. I’m not an affiliate, I don’t get any money if you go sign up for Influenster, I just get free stuff for testing it and telling you about it!
I got my box and was thrilled to see a full size box of Skinny Cow Candy – my favorite kind. Chocolate filled with peanut butter creme. They have been a HUGE hit in our house! And since I know the Dose Girls are watching their Weight Watchers points, I knew they would be interested in checking out this line of candies! 🙂
The rest of the box did NOT disappoint either! It included:
- Skinny Cow(R) Candy – DELISH!
- Puffs (R)Ultra Soft & Strong To go Tissue Pack (much appreciated in the cold weather!)
- NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow – and crazily enough, they are in MY COLORS.
- Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer – what woman can’t use more lipstick? Plus it smells nice, is smooth, and when Bean saw me she said “Mommy, you look beautiful!”
- Ducklings Mini Rolls – very cute mini roll of “Duck Tape” for repairs, crafting, and projects
Since I signed up for Influenster, I have seen other bloggers, such as Janine from Confessions of a Mommyholic and I know she was as thrilled as I was with her JollyVoxBox2013.
So don’t waste time. Get out there and check out Influenster.com to see what YOU can try for free!
If you have tips on other Word Of Mouth companies that you want to share, please leave a comment!
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019