The following information is copied directly from the American Pregnancy Association.
Does the mother have any signs of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome?
A mother whose twins have TTTS may experience:
- Sensation of rapid growth of the womb
- A uterus that measures large for dates
- Abdominal pain, tightness, or contractions
- Sudden increase in body weight
- Swelling in the hands and legs in early pregnancy
Is there anything else that I need to be aware of if I have been diagnosed with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome?
The Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation recommends that weekly ultrasounds be performed after 16 weeks through the end of the pregnancy to monitor TTTS. They recommend that this be done even if the warning signs of TTTS have decreased.
The TTTS Foundation can be contacted at http://www.tttsfoundation.org/or at 1-800-815-9211.
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019