Originally I wanted to post my new gluten free sandwich bread recipe, but I apparently did not take pictures when I made it, nor did I write down all of the ingredients I threw in… and when I went to recreate it, I realized I had NO yeast. That is one of the most important ingredients, so I’ll have to save that recipe for another Tasty Tuesday.
This is one of my favorite quick and absolutely delicious chicken recipes! Also gluten free!
Balsamic Dijon and Mushroom Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1tbsp coconut oil (or almond or avocado)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey dijon mustard (or you can use regular dijon and regular honey mixed)
- 1 can mushrooms
- heat the oil in your large pan.
- Place the chicken breasts in the ban – sear each side.
- Add the mustard, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Stir around until it thins out. (To be honest, I never measure the amounts, I just add until the consistency and taste is right, so you may need more. You want a sweet balsamic juice)
- Add can of mushrooms.
- Cover and let it cook on low until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
This is very low cal, low fat, and super, super easy to make. It is one of our absolute favorite chicken dishes.
It goes well with a salad and another of my favorite healthy recipes – marinated veggies.
2 summer squash
1. Prepare several hours in advance so the veggies can marinate.
2. Clean and cut the veggies. Long strips works well.
3. Put into a bag or container and douse heavily with the Italian dressing.
4. Let marinate several hours.
5. Saute in a pan or put on the grill.
Delish! I don’t even generally like squash and zucchini but I like this one!