You know what is great to have on Thanksgiving morning, or the day after? Or Christmas morning? Or heck, any morning?
A really good breakfast casserole!
I recently went on a fantastic girls weekend with some of my closest friends from college. This was our 7th annual trip to the mountains together.
We have gotten our weekend down to a science. We try to coordinate meals and groceries ahead of time to keep our expenses lower. And on our first morning at the cabin, we almost always have a breakfast casserole.
Why? Well why NOT I ask you?
But seriously. They aren’t too difficult to make, they taste good, and they feed a lot of people.
In our group, there are two of us who are on gluten free diets. Me and one other. The other is also dairy free. So this year, I wanted to make sure we could both enjoy the breakfast casserole. And I created a super yummy gluten free, dairy free breakfast casserole.
The Dairy Free #GlutenFree Breakfast Casserole
- 1 bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 eggs
- 1 bag of Go Veggie! Dairy free grated cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- fresh spinach
- 2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Chop your veggies and sautee them a few minutes
- Spray a 9X12 casserole pan with cooking spray
- Spread the hash browns evenly across the bottom of the pan
- Spread the veggies over the hash browns
- Crack open the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them up until the yolks are all blended
- Pour the eggs evenly over the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the bag of cheese on top
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how fast your oven cooks
This #GlutenFree breakfast casserole was a hit! Everyone loved it. In fact, when I told them I was going to post the recipe, one of the girls told me I’d better get a picture fast, because it would be gone soon! Here is less than half a pan remaining, and about five minutes later, that was gone too!
Give it a try this holiday season, and let me know what you think!