Despite everything going on around me, I made the time each day to sit down and crunch out some words! I have exceeded the 50,000 words in 30 days challenge, and although it is rough and unedited and needs a lot of work, my book is almost written!
And I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my husband! I am THANKFUL that he put up with the additional chaos that took over our life so that I could write every day!
I am an AUTHOR!
Now, I just need to become a published author!!
I have to admit, the writing has been good for me. It has distracted me and kept my mind occupied when I really needed it. And it’s reminded me of one of the best experiences of my life!
Anyone interested in a sneak peek??
I will share some, but here are the rules:
1. Only nice comments! 🙂 Just kidding, if my writing sucks, I’d rather know now!
2. Keep in mind this is completely raw, written off the cuff, mostly late at night. No editing, no revisions…
3. I’m writing a romantic comedy based on my experiences when I was living in France after graduating college. However, it is a FICTIONAL book. So, there is much that has been changed and made up, even if many of the characters are based on real people in my lives. Please do not reveal their identities!
OK, here we go: An excerpt from the book The Boys I Left in Paris
I’m also linking up at:
Latest posts by katbiggie (see all)
- What to say when a baby dies ; words of comfort - October 31, 2019
- Try listening to her, not fixing her – October 15th - October 15, 2019
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Book Bundle - October 3, 2019