I am participating in an organization challenge and I am really excited about how things are going! If you missed my first post, you can find it here. I decided to tackle my girls’ bedroom. It is always a disaster. Too much crap in too small of a space.
Our task the first week was to make our plan of attack and follow the PROCESS. OrgJunkie.com provides such great organization resources, and I printed out the PROCESS bookmark.
You can learn all about what PROCESS stands for here, but for this check in I got through the PROC portion. I Planned, Removed, Organized into piles, and Containerized.
Planning – I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I am not great at the organization aspect, so I turned to the best… Google and Pinterest. In fact, this search is what led me to the OrgJunkie challenge! At first I had big hopes of building new shelves, and then I remembered, this is me, and a project like that would take me til my 1 and 3 year old graduated college. So, I went to my next best friend… Amazon.com!! I ordered a few key items, like shelves and bins.
Remove. That’s exactly what I did. I took everything out of the room other than the beds and the heavy enormous dresser. Everything else came out. It felt great.
Organize into piles. I pulled out all items that are too big or too small for the girls and set aside the items to sell or donate. Anything they do not need for awhile went into bins to go into the attic. My dining room and living room became the staging areas!
Containerize. After all the fun of sorting through, I started loading up in containers. Some went to the attic, some went to the garage for a yard sale, some are set aside for resale. And the rest I started putting back into the room.
I’m really pleased with the progress so far! I’m still tweaking… not done yet.
So stay tuned for the grand finale at the end of the month!